Ko Te Tuara Totara O Fordlands
"The Strengthening Backbone of Fordlands"
A Little Bit About Us
Our Vision - "To build a safe, prosperous and connected community."
From our community centre, we have a variety of services & programmes purposed for our whanau.
We actively participate in the discussions and decisions being made for our community.
Come and visit us at 48 Bellingham Crescent, Fordlands, Rotorua. We are open Mon – Fri – 9am to 5pm and always contactable via our Facebook page for any urgent queries.
Snapshot of our Community
• 2000 residents, mostly Maori
• 600 houses, 30% owned by Kainga Ora
• Average income $19,000 per year
• High levels of unemployment
• Most families live in rented dwellings
• High numbers of young people
• Large families
• 30% have no qualifications
• Predominant occupation is labourer
• One block of corner shops including four square dairy and liquor store
• Essential services e.g. doctors are not within walking distance or bus route